Can you point a subdomain to a different server?
You would like Server B to also host http://subdomain.yourdomain.com. In this instance, you need to create an additional CNAME record subdomain.yourdomain.com and point it at ServerB-IP like the original A record.
Can subdomain point to different port?
So you can’t use it to direct a subdomain to a specific port in your browser for example.
How do I host a subdomain on a different cPanel server?
- Login to cPanel.
- Scroll down to domains and click subdomains.
- Fill in the subdomain entry, with just the alias of the subdomain.
- Select the correct domain for the subdomain if you have multiples attached to your account.
- Assign a working root for the subdoman.
- Click Create.
How do I move a subdomain to another server?
procedure to move subdomain to different server
- Create new A record.
- Delete the subdomain.
- Create CNAME record with alias foo and host it points to as foo.mysite.com.
- Remove my 301 redirect in htaccess that had foo.mysite.com -> www.mysite.com.
How do I redirect a subdomain to a specific IP address along with a port?
Select URL Redirect Record from the drop-down menu for Type, put @ (your bare domain e.g., yourdomain. tld) for Host and use http://ipaddress:port for Value (IP address and port should be replaced with actual values):
How do I bind a domain with an IP address and port?
- Just configure the web server for port 80 to handle both sites. This will depend on what web server software you’re using. …
- Run your two web servers as you planned. Set up the server for port 80 to be a reverse proxy for the second website. …
- Move the existing server for port 80 to a different port.
How do I host a website on another server?
Transferring your website to a different server can be done in five steps.
- Find a new web host. Take time to research web hosts before selecting a new service. …
- Locate and download your website. …
- Export your website database. …
- Upload your website and import your database. …
- Test your website.
How do I point a subdomain to an IP address in cPanel?
How to add a subdomain that points to an IP address
- Click the Zone Editor icon.
- Click +A Record for the domain that you want to point a subdomain to another IP.
- Add in the Name option the name of the subdomain and in the Address section the IP where the subdomain should point.
How do I map a subdomain to another domain?
Connecting Your Subdomain to an External Site
- Go to your Domains page (My Site → Upgrades → Domains) and click the domain you wish to add the subdomain to.
- Click Name Servers and DNS, then DNS Records.
- In Type select CNAME or A.
- Enter the subdomain you want in Name.