Open the File Manager. Next, tap Menu > Settings. Scroll to the Advanced section, and toggle the Show hidden files option to ON: You should now be able to easily access any files that you’d previously set as hidden on your device.
How do I unhide files in File Manager?
For that, you need to open the App drawer and then open File Manager. After that, you can click on the dotted menus and select settings. Then enable the Option Show Hidden Files. The default File Explorer will show you the hidden files.
Showing hidden files in File Manager
- Log in to your cPanel.
- Under Files click File Manager.
- Slick Settings in the upper right corner.
- Select your Document Root and check the box for Show hidden files and click Save.
In the account Dashboard, select File Manager. In the cPanel File Manager, in the upper right-hand corner select Settings. In the Preferences list, select Web Root (public_html or www) and select Show Hidden Files (dotfiles). Select Save.
Select View > Show > Hidden items.
- Open File Explorer from the taskbar.
- Select View > Options > Change folder and search options.
- Select the View tab and, in Advanced settings, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives and OK.
In the search box on the taskbar, type folder, and then select Show hidden files and folders from the search results. Under Advanced settings, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives, and then select OK.
Open File Explorer and navigate to the folder that contains the files you want to unhide. Right-click on the file or folder you want to unhide and click Properties. Deselect the Hidden attribute, click Apply then OK. The file or folder will be visible again.
- Log into cPanel & click “File Manager” under the files panel.
- Click “settings” in the top right of the file manager.
- Choose the Document Root (usually you can leave this as the default)
- Check the box titled “Show Hidden Files (dotfiles) & click Save.
How do I view private images in file manager?
Just tap on the main menu on the upper left corner and from there tap on “Settings” at the bottom. In Settings, tap on “Display settings” and from there uncheck the “Show hidden files” option and they will be hidden in file manager as well. You will have to check the option again in order to open the hidden files.
How do I display an ENV file in cPanel?
Fixes for ‘. env’ file not showing in cPanel
- Log in to the cPanel account.
- Under Files click File Manager.
- Click Settings in the upper right corner.
- Select the Document Root and check the box for Show hidden files and click Save.
Upon logging into the customer’s Bluehost account, I traversed to the Files section of cPanel options. Next, I selected File Manager settings icon (blue icon), and then selected the Document Root domain and checked the box next to “Show hidden files” under “Preferences”.
How to see hidden files in macOS. A quick and easy way to find secret files within a folder is to open the Finder and press Command + Shift + . (full stop/period), but there are other options you might like to consider, as we explain below. When you no longer want to see the hidden folders just press Command + Shift + …
Why ENV file is not showing in cPanel?
1 Answer. Change the file manager settings to show hidden files. Click on “Settings” to change the preferences. Alternative is to use FTP / SFTP to edit / upload files to your server.