Where is index HTML in cPanel?
2 Answers. If it is a WordPress website, the index file should be under this directory: /website-root/wp-content/themes/ <- then the theme folder. The theme, that’s active on your website should be mentioned under Appearance > Themes. If you’re not sure which one it is in /themes directory, look for the title here.
How do I create an index HTML file?
Create an index. html File
- Choose the New Folder icon in the header toolbar and enter src as the folder name.
- Select the newly created folder and create a new index. html file inside it by choosing the New File icon.
- Paste the following code in the newly created index.html file and select Save: <!
How do I make index HTML my homepage in cPanel?
Change your home page index through the . htaccess file
- Login to cPanel.
- Then select the File Manager icon below the Files category.
- Next click the Settings button at the top right.
- At the popup window select your domain’s root folder, make sure that the Show Hidden Files checkbox is selected and click Save.
What is index file in cPanel?
Advertisements. You can customize the way a directory looks in your website. By default, cPanel displays the list of files and directories, if there is no index file in that directory. You can choose the way it displays the list of contents in the front-end.
How do I set index HTML as my default page?
Changing your Default Index File via htaccess
- Log into your cPanel.
- Find the Files category and click on the File Manager icon.
- Click Settings at the top right corner.
- Select the document root for the domain you are working with and be sure the checkbox next to Show Hidden Files is checked. …
- Look for the .
How do I open index HTML in browser?
Configuring Chrome to open the Doc/Index. html file
- In Windows, go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > Run. …
- In the Run dialog box, click Browse. …
- In the Browse dialog box, navigate to the Google directory, select the Chrome application and then click Open.
How do I upload html files to cPanel?
How to Upload a File Using File Manager
- Log in to cPanel.
- In the FILES section, click File Manager.
- In the upper right-hand corner, click on Settings.
- Select Web Root, Show Hidden Files, and then click Go. …
- Click to open the folder to which you’d like to upload files.
- Click Upload from the top toolbar.
How do you create an index file?
To create an index file
- On the File menu, click New, and then click Index.
- Add keywords to the index (. hhk) file you have created. If you plan to use your index only on a Web site, you can create a site map index.
What is index html default html?
The index. html page is the most common name used for the default page shown on a website if no other page is specified when a visitor requests the site. In other words, index. html is the name used for the homepage of the website.
How do I use index PHP instead of index HTML?
A default Web page is the page that opens when you navigate to a domain without the Web page specified.
- Right-click the HTML file you want to convert. …
- Type “index. …
- Upload the file to your Web host. …
- Set the new index.php file as the default Web page.
What is an index HTML file?
The default file name for a website’s home page (INDEX. HTM is also used). Appropriately named, the home page serves as an index to the main pages on the site, each of which can link to any number of other pages and so on.
How do I change the directory index in cPanel?
To modify a directory’s index settings, follow these steps:
- Log in to cPanel.
- In the ADVANCED section of the cPanel home screen, click Indexes:
- Click the directory name that you want to modify.
- Click the indexing option that you want to set for the directory.
- Click Save. The new setting takes effect immediately.