How do I edit a subdomain?
Edit a subdomain
- Log in to your GoDaddy Domain Control Center. …
- Select your domain name from the list to access the Domain Settings page.
- Under Additional Settings, select Manage DNS.
- On the DNS Management page, next to the record you wish to edit, click the. …
- Edit the fields as needed: …
- Select Save to save your changes.
How do I access my subdomain in cPanel?
Subdomains are created using the Subdomains tool in cPanel.
- Click on Subdomains under Domain in cPanel.
- Under Create a Subdomain, enter the name of the subdomain you want to create in the Subdomain text box.
- cPanel automatically fills in the document root path by using the subdomain name you’ve entered.
How do you manage subdomains?
In the navigation pane, choose App Settings, and then choose Domain management. On the Domain management page, choose Add domain. For Domain, enter the name of a domain with a subdomain, choose Exclude root, and modify the subdomain to add a new level.
Can we change the name of subdomain?
Step 2: Rename your subdomain
Only the account owner can rename the subdomain. In Admin Center, click the Account icon ( ) in the sidebar, then Appearance > Branding. In the Subdomain section, click Change your subdomain.
How do I access my Subdomains?
Scroll to the Domains section and click Subdomains. Type the name of the new subdomain you want to create in the box. Select the domain for which you want to create a subdomain. Any add-on or parked domains you have set up will be available in the drop-down box.
How do I add a subdomain to my server?
Put a Subdomain on a Different Server
- Log into account.
- Open the Domain Manager.
- Click the domain you are working with.
- Click “Total DNS Control and MX Records”
- The first group in this area should be A (Host), on the top right of this bar, click Add New A Record.
Is a subdomain a separate website?
While a subdomain is part of the main website, it’s considered a separate entity by search engines. People recognized this and decided to use subdomains to organize their website, without allowing certain parts of the site to be indexed by Google. Companies use subdomains for a variety of reasons.
How do you delete a subdomain?
Click the Domain link. Click the Domain & Subdomains tab. Click the Delete icon. In the Delete Subdomain dialog, confirm the deletion by clicking the Delete button.
Can a subdomain point to a different IP?
Subdomains can be modified as an A record that is pointing to an IP address. Or, they can be modified as a CNAME that is pointing to another domain name. A CNAME record cannot be pointed to an IP address.