How do I disable directory browsing in cPanel?
How to Disable Directory Listing in cPanel
- Login to your cPanel interface.
- Click the icon ‘Indexes’ under ‘ADVANCED’ category.
- Select the directory for which you want to change the index settings.
- A new window will open and here you can click ‘No Indexing’ option to disable directory listing. …
- Click Save.
How do I enable directory indexing?
If you have . htaccess enabled, you can put a config line options indexes in your . htaccess file.
Using . htaccess Files with Apache :
- Open your . htaccess file. # vi .htaccess.
- Add the following apache directive. Options Indexes. DirectoryIndex index.php index.html /example.php.
- Save and close your . htaccess file.
How do I enable directory listing in httpd?
Enable Directory Browsing – Apache HTTPD Server
- Remove the Welcome Page.
- Add the Virtual host.
- Add content. Remove Welcome Page. if you have no “index. html” files on the folder the apache will stay showing the welcome page. This why we have to remove it. rm -rf /etc/httpd/conf.d/welcome.conf.
How do I disable directory listing?
Disabling directory browsing
- Open the IIS Manager.
- Select the project for which you want to disable the listing of files.
- Double-click the Directory Browsing icon in the IIS section.
- Click Disable.
Why am I getting a directory listing instead of my site?
If you are expecting to see an existing site however, and instead you see the directory listing something has gone wrong somewhere. The file may have been infected via a php injection attack and removed by a malware scanner. The site may have been attacked. Your account password may not be very secure.
How do I get list of directories?
See the following examples:
- To list all files in the current directory, type the following: ls -a This lists all files, including. dot (.) …
- To display detailed information, type the following: ls -l chap1 .profile. …
- To display detailed information about a directory, type the following: ls -d -l .
How do I find the Web server directory?
For the Grid, a website’s root directory is the …/html folder. This is located in the file path /domains/example.com/html. The root directory can be viewed/accessed through File Manager, FTP, or SSH.
What is Apache directory listing?
In Apache, directory listing is a default behavior that displays the contents of a directory if there is no default index file such as index.
What is the use of Apache Directory Studio?
Apache Directory Studio is a complete directory tooling platform intended to be used with any LDAP server however it is particularly designed for use with ApacheDS. It is an Eclipse RCP application, composed of several Eclipse (OSGi) plugins, that can be easily upgraded with additional ones.
What is the default Apache directory?
The default document root for Apache is /var/www/ (before Ubuntu 14.04) or /var/www/html/ (Ubuntu 14.04 and later).