How do I find my webserver version?
2 Answers. Another simple way is to use a web browser (Chrome, FireFox, IE). Most of them allow to access its developer mode pressing the F12 key. Then, access the web server url and go to the “Network” tab and “Response Headers” option to find if the “Server” response header is present.
How do I find the apache server version in Linux?
#1 Checking the Apache Version Using WebHost Manager
Find the Server Status section and click Apache Status. You can start typing “apache” in the search menu to quickly narrow your selection. The current version of Apache appears next to the server version on the Apache status page. In this case, it is version 2.4.
How do I find out what webserver is running on Ubuntu?
How to make sure that Apache service keeps running in Ubuntu
- Now type localhost on your browser. …
- There is also another way to check whether Apache Services running in the browser or not. …
- Now, put that IP address on the browser. …
- To find out the active ports then type: $ netstat -a|more.
How do I find my server URL?
How to Find a Server URL
- Click on the “Start” button and click on “Run” (Windows XP) or click on the Search Bar (Windows Vista or Windows 7). …
- Type “cmd” into the box and hit the “Enter” key (all versions of Windows).
- Type “ping -a 123.456. …
- Read the server URL from the response given in the command prompt window.
What version of Apache Tomcat Do I have Linux?
Or you can get the same information using command line:
- Windows: type RELEASE-NOTES | find “Apache Tomcat Version” Output: Apache Tomcat Version 8.0.22.
- Linux: cat RELEASE-NOTES | grep “Apache Tomcat Version” Output: Apache Tomcat Version 8.0.22.
How do I find my Ubuntu version?
Checking the Ubuntu version in the terminal
- Open the terminal using “Show Applications” or use the keyboard shortcut [Ctrl] + [Alt] + [T].
- Type the command “lsb_release -a” into the command line and press enter.
- The terminal shows the Ubuntu version you’re running under “Description” and “Release”.
What is the latest Apache version?
The current latest release for Apache httpd is version 2.4. 46. However, this is more of a minor update with a small handful of security updates addressing CVE-2020-11984, CVE-2020-11993, and slight modifications to mod_http2.
What is a web server examples?
Leading web servers include Apache, Microsoft’s Internet Information Services (IIS) and Nginx — pronounced engine X. Other web servers include Novell’s NetWare server, Google Web Server (GWS) and IBM’s family of Domino servers.
What is web server configuration?
The web server configuration file is installed as part of the web server. The Web Server Plug-ins Configuration Tool must re-configure the configuration file for a supported web server. Configuration consists of adding directives that identify file locations of two files: Binary web server plug-in file.
How do I know if my Linux server is running?
Check running process in Linux
- Open the terminal window on Linux.
- For remote Linux server use the ssh command for log in purpose.
- Type the ps aux command to see all running process in Linux.
- Alternatively, you can issue the top command or htop command to view running process in Linux.
How do I check if a Linux server is running?
First, open the terminal window and then type:
- uptime command – Tell how long the Linux system has been running.
- w command – Show who is logged on and what they are doing including the uptime of a Linux box.
- top command – Display Linux server processes and display system Uptime in Linux too.
How do I know if my webserver is working?
Go to http://server-ip:80 on your web browser. A page saying your Apache server is running properly should show up. This command will show whether Apache is running or has stopped.