How do I restart Apache Web server?
- To restart: sudo service apache2 restart|stop|start.
- To stop: sudo service apache2 stop.
- To start: sudo service apache2 start.
How do I restart Apache on Windows 10?
- Click the start button and type CMD (if on Windows Vista or later and Apache is installed as a service make sure this is an elevated command prompt)
- In the command window that appears type cd C:xamppapachebin (the default installation path for Xampp)
- Then type httpd -k restart.
How do I restart Apache on Windows?
First you must bring the command prompt to the bin of Apache folder on your computer, i.e my Apache folder is in directory C:Apache24 . I used command cd C:Apache24bin and then used command httpd -k restart to restart the Apache service.
How do you restart a Web server?
Stop or restart the Webserver
- For Windows, go to the Start menu, select Administrative Tools > Services, locate “NetApp SANtricity Web Services,” and then select either Stop or Restart.
- For Linux, choose the method of stopping and restarting the Webserver for your operating system version.
What’s the command to stop Apache?
- Log in as the application user.
- Type apcb.
- If apache was run as the application user: Type ./apachectl stop.
How do I stop httpd?
You can also stop httpd using /sbin/service httpd stop . The restart option is a shorthand way of stopping and then starting the Apache HTTP Server.
How do I turn off Apache in Windows 10?
To run Apache from the command line as a console application, use the following command:
- apache. Apache will execute, and will remain running until it is stopped by pressing Control-C. …
- apache -k shutdown. …
- apache -k restart.
How do I fix failed to start Apache server?
1 Answer. The reason Apache fails to start is because something is already listening on the port/ip combination. The log entries of “Address already in use” indicate this. You need to identify what other service is running on those ports and then go and shut it off before turning on Apache.
How do I disable Httpd in Windows?
Of course, Windows Task Manager can also be used to stop the Apache server. Select “httpd.exe” on Processes tab on Windows Task Manager, and click the “End Process” button. Then click “Yes” on the warning message to terminate “httpd.exe”. Repeat the process again if see more than one instances of “httpd.exe”.
How do I make sure Apache is running?
Apache HTTP web server
Go to http://server-ip:80 on your web browser. A page saying your Apache server is running properly should show up. This command will show whether Apache is running or has stopped.
How do I start and stop Apache Tomcat on Windows?
1) Windows (if Tomcat is setup as Windows Service)
- To Start server: <Tomcat Root>/bin>Tomcat8.exe start.
- To Stop server: <Tomcat Root>/bin>Tomcat8.exe stop.
How do I start Apache on Windows?
Install Apache Service
- In your Command Prompt window, enter (or paste) the following command: httpd.exe -k install -n “Apache HTTP Server”
- From your Command Prompt window enter the following command and press ‘Enter.
- Restart your server and open a web browser once you are logged back in.
What is graceful restart Apache?
Apache Graceful Restart means, reloading the Apache Configuration(httpd. conf) without restarting the Web Server. When we do the Graceful Restart it only reloading the Configuration file and do not restart the Apache Web Server. So the currently open connections will not be aborted.
Do I need to restart Apache after changing httpd conf?
Yes. HTTPD. conf is read on apache start-up, so for any changes to take affect you need to restart it.
How do I restart apache on CentOS?
To Restart Apache httpd server type,
- systemctl restart httpd.
- We can use the reload option to just reload the httpd. conf file instead of restarting the entire httpd process.
- systemctl reload httpd. …
- apachectl restart. …
- apachectl graceful. …
- service httpd restart.