How do I restart Apache on CentOS 8?
To start your Apache server for Linux version 4.x/5.x/6.x or older commands :
- # service httpd start. Click to expand…
- # service httpd stop. Click to expand…
- # service httpd restart. Click to expand…
- # systemctl start httpd.service. Click to expand…
- # systemctl stop httpd.service. …
- # systemctl restart httpd.service.
How do I restart Apache on Linux?
Debian/Ubuntu Linux Specific Commands to Start/Stop/Restart Apache
- Restart Apache 2 web server, enter: # /etc/init.d/apache2 restart. $ sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart. …
- To stop Apache 2 web server, enter: # /etc/init.d/apache2 stop. …
- To start Apache 2 web server, enter: # /etc/init.d/apache2 start.
How do I restart Apache from the command line?
- Click the start button and type CMD (if on Windows Vista or later and Apache is installed as a service make sure this is an elevated command prompt)
- In the command window that appears type cd C:xamppapachebin (the default installation path for Xampp)
- Then type httpd -k restart.
How do I restart apache on CentOS 7?
To Restart Apache httpd server type,
- systemctl restart httpd.
- We can use the reload option to just reload the httpd. conf file instead of restarting the entire httpd process.
- systemctl reload httpd. …
- apachectl restart. …
- apachectl graceful. …
- service httpd restart.
How do I restart Apache gracefully?
apachectl graceful: Gracefully restarts the Apache daemon by sending it a SIGUSR1. If the daemon is not running, it is started. This differs from a normal restart in that currently open connections are not aborted. A side effect is that old log files will not be closed immediately.
How do I reload Apache?
Type the following command as a root user:
- apachectl -k graceful.
- apache2ctl -k graceful.
- /etc/init.d/httpd graceful.
- /sbin/service httpd graceful.
- /etc/init.d/apache2 reload.
How do I know if Apache is running?
Apache HTTP web server
Go to http://server-ip:80 on your web browser. A page saying your Apache server is running properly should show up. This command will show whether Apache is running or has stopped.
How do I start Apache server?
Install Apache Service
- In your Command Prompt window, enter (or paste) the following command: httpd.exe -k install -n “Apache HTTP Server”
- From your Command Prompt window enter the following command and press ‘Enter.
- Restart your server and open a web browser once you are logged back in.
How do I fix failed to start Apache server?
1 Answer. The reason Apache fails to start is because something is already listening on the port/ip combination. The log entries of “Address already in use” indicate this. You need to identify what other service is running on those ports and then go and shut it off before turning on Apache.
How do I stop and start httpd on Linux?
- 11.3. Starting and Stopping httpd. …
- To start the server using the apachectl control script as root type: apachectl start. …
- To stop the server, as root type: apachectl stop. …
- You can restart the server as root by typing: …
- You can also display the status of your httpd server by typing:
How do I stop Apache from running?
- Log in as the application user.
- Type apcb.
- If apache was run as the application user: Type ./apachectl stop.
How do I restart Apache Tomcat?
If you have Tomcat running as a Windows Service, you can restart it from the control panel. Either right-click on the service and select Restart from the pop-up menu or, if it exists on your version of Windows, use the Restart button near the upper-right corner of the dialog box (see Figure 1-6).
What is Apache reload?
reload : Gracefully restarts the Apache service. On reload, the main Apache process shuts down the child processes, loads the new configuration, and starts new child processes.