Where is document root in cPanel?
How to find the document root of a domain
- Login to cPanel as the user that owns the domain.
- Click on the Domains icon under the Domains section.
- Locate your domain and click on the document root link.
- The link opens File Manager in the location of the document root.
- The left sidebar in File Manager shows the exact path.
How do I change the root of a document?
- To change Apache’s root directory, run: cd /etc/apache2/sites-available.
- Then open the 000-default.conf file using the command: nano 000-default.conf.
- Edit the DocumentRoot option: DocumentRoot /path/to/my/project.
- Then restart the apache server: sudo service apache2 restart.
How do I create a root directory in cPanel?
But cPanel offers a feature where website owners can change the default document root for addon domain during creation or after creating it from the cPanel. To change the root directory of Addon domain, in the cPanel -> “Domains” section, click the Addon Domain and update the new document root in the popup window.
What is root directory in cPanel?
The document root is the folder where the website files for a domain name are stored. Since cPanel allows for multiple domain names (addon domains and subdomains), you need to have a unique folder for each domain. Your primary domain is rooted in the public_html folder.
How do I get to my root directory?
Type “echo %SYSTEMROOT%” at the command prompt and press “Enter.” The result of this search is the root folder for Microsoft Windows.
How do I get to the root directory?
File & Directory Commands
- To navigate into the root directory, use “cd /”
- To navigate to your home directory, use “cd” or “cd ~”
- To navigate up one directory level, use “cd ..”
- To navigate to the previous directory (or back), use “cd -“
How do I change the document root in cPanel for the main domain?
- Once you have opened the file, look for the following line: documentroot: /home/USERNAME/public_html.
- Modify the location according to your needs. Save it and exit.
- Rebuild the Apache conf and restart Apache: /scripts/rebuildhttpdconf. service httpd restart.
How do I change the root of a subdomain?
Locate the domain to change the document root for under “Modify Addon Domain” or “Modify a Subdomain”. Click on the pencil icon next to the path, under the “Document Root” column. Enter the new document root for the domain, and click “Change”.
How do I change the default directory in cPanel?
How to change the default home directory in WHM
- Go to Server Configuration, then Basic cPanel/WHM Setup.
- Scroll down. …
- Let’s do that as an example.
- Change this to the desired directory name.
- Click Save.
What is the document root folder?
The document root is a directory (a folder) that is stored on your host’s servers and that is designated for holding web pages. When someone else looks at your web site, this is the location they will be accessing.
How do I copy a file to the root directory?
Drag a file or files from the computer’s hard drive into a blank space of the USB Flash drive’s window on the desktop. Wait as the file or files are copied to the open space, or “root,” of the USB Flash drive.
How do I add files to my domain root folder?
Perform the following steps:
- Log in to your web server. If you are not user root, run the su -root command to switch to user root.
- Go to the root directory of the server hosting your website. …
- Save the verification file to the directory found in Step 2. …
- Enter domain name/hwwebscan_verify.
How do I change the root of a document in WHM?
How to Change Document Root of Primary Domain in WHM/cPanel
- Step 1 – Update Document Root in cPanel. Use SSH to get shell access for your server as root account, using your favorite ssh client. …
- Step 2 – Changes Document Root for SSL. …
- Step 3 – Rebuild and Restart Apache.