How do I shut down Apache server?
Debian/Ubuntu Linux Specific Commands to Start/Stop/Restart Apache
- Restart Apache 2 web server, enter: # /etc/init.d/apache2 restart. $ sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart. …
- To stop Apache 2 web server, enter: # /etc/init.d/apache2 stop. …
- To start Apache 2 web server, enter: # /etc/init.d/apache2 start.
How do I turn off Apache on Windows?
If you don’t have Apache installed as a service, the window will remain visible until you stop Apache by pressing Control-C in the console window where Apache is running in. The server will exit in a few seconds.
How do I stop httpd?
You can also stop httpd using /sbin/service httpd stop . The restart option is a shorthand way of stopping and then starting the Apache HTTP Server.
How do I disable Apache on Mac?
Mac OS X Start / Stop / Restart Apache Web Server
- To stop Apache web server, enter: sudo apachectl stop. …
- To start Apache web server again, enter: …
- To restart apache web server, enter: …
- To run a configuration file syntax test. …
- To reload apache web server after editing the config file. …
- Sample session from above commands.
How do I make sure Apache is running?
Apache HTTP web server
Go to http://server-ip:80 on your web browser. A page saying your Apache server is running properly should show up. This command will show whether Apache is running or has stopped.
How do I restart Apache on Windows 10?
- Click the start button and type CMD (if on Windows Vista or later and Apache is installed as a service make sure this is an elevated command prompt)
- In the command window that appears type cd C:xamppapachebin (the default installation path for Xampp)
- Then type httpd -k restart.
How do I remove Apache from Windows 10?
Click the Windows “Start” button and select “Computer.” Double-click the “C:” drive icon and then navigate to the folder containing your Apache installation (“C:Program Files” by default). Right-click the “Apache Group” folder and select “Delete.”
Why is Httpd exe running?
If you see “httpd.exe” is listed as a running process, you know that your Apache server is running. 4. Of course, Windows Task Manager can also be used to stop the Apache server.
How do I know if Apache is running on Windows?
- Bring up the task manager by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc .
- Go to the Processes tab and sort by Image Name. In Server 2012, go to the Details tab and sort by Name.
- Look for apache.exe (or httpd.exe) and check the User Name column.
How do I restart Apache gracefully?
Based on apache manual, apachectl -k graceful should be the way to graceful restart apache, but I got notice as below: [root@localhost root]# apachectl -k graceful Passing arguments to httpd using apachectl is no longer supported. You can only start/stop/restart httpd using this script.
How do I fix failed to start Apache server?
1 Answer. The reason Apache fails to start is because something is already listening on the port/ip combination. The log entries of “Address already in use” indicate this. You need to identify what other service is running on those ports and then go and shut it off before turning on Apache.
Which Apache is running Mac?
Enable Apache on Mac OS X
Verify if apache is running by accessing http://localhost: If you get “This site can’t be reached”, you need to start apache, just type, sudo apachectl start and press enter: Verify localhost again: if you see “It works!” apache is running.
Where is Apache on Mac?
By default, the Apache Virtual Host configuration on Mac OS X is located in a single file: /etc/apache2/extra/httpd-vhosts. conf . You need to edit the Apache configuration to include this file and enable virtual hosts.
How do I close a server in Terminal Mac?
In the Terminal app on your Mac, in the window running the shell process you want to quit, type exit , then press Return.