How do I block a specific URL in Apache?
How to Secure Specific URL in Apache
- Setup IP Based Restriction on Specific URL. First edit apache configuration file and add below entry in VirtualHost. This will allow /admin url to 192.168. …
- Setup User Authentication on Specific URL. Edit Apache configuration file and add below entry in website VirtualHost section.
How do I restrict an IP in Apache?
- Create a file named block-offending-ips. conf on your server.
- Open the file in an editor and add a Location directive that blocks all offending IP’s from accessing whatever URLs you want to block. …
- Drop the file block-offending-ips. …
- Restart the Apache HTTP Server.
How do I block an IP address on a web server?
To block traffic linking to your website from a particular domain, enter the domain name in the Add an IP or Range field. cPanel will reconcile the domain name with its IP address via a lookup. If the IP address cannot be found, you will not be able to block the domain.
What directive would you use to block access to certain domains if you are using Apache as a proxy server?
NoProxy Directive. This directive is only useful for Apache httpd proxy servers within intranets. The NoProxy directive specifies a list of subnets, IP addresses, hosts and/or domains, separated by spaces.
How do I block an IP address in Linux?
- Run the following command to block the IP address: sudo iptables -I INPUT -s xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -j DROP.
- Run the following command to save the settings. The settings persist after the server reboots. sudo service iptables save.
- Run the following command to list and verify the new rule: sudo iptables -L.
Can I block someone from viewing my website?
Its your site so you should be allowed to block whoever you want. You can also block a domain from accessing your site which will include all users who have registered for that website or blog. The easiest way to block access to your website or blog is by using the IP Deny manager in cPanel.
Can I block my access to a website?
Open the browser and go to Tools (alt+x) > Internet Options. Now click the security tab and then click the red Restricted sites icon. Click the Sites button below the icon. Now in the pop-up, manually type the websites you want to block one-by-one.
How do I block websites on my domain?
Select “To all DNS servers running on domain controllers in this domain“, then select “Next“. For the “Zone name“, type the URL for the website you wish to block (i.e. facebook.com, reddit.com, etc.), then select “Next“. Select “Do not allow dynamic updates“, then select “Next” > “Finish“.
What is ProxyPass and ProxyPassReverse in Apache?
ProxyPassReverse will intercept those headers, and rewrite them to match the Apache proxy server. ProxyPass will create a reverse proxy. A reverse proxy (or gateway), appears to the client just like an ordinary web server. The client makes ordinary requests for content in the namespace of the reverse proxy.
How does Apache Mod_proxy work?
Apache Working As A Reverse-Proxy Using mod_proxy
mod_proxy is the Apache module for redirecting connections (i.e. a gateway, passing them through). It is enabled for use just like any other module and configuration is pretty basic (or standard), in line with others.
What is sticky session in Apache?
Sticky Session is a method used with Load Balancing, to achieve server affinity. In other words, it assigns a particular client with a particular server instance behind Load Balancer, so that HTTP session doesn’t get lost across application instances.