Can I uninstall Apache?
To uninstall Apache as a service, open a Command Prompt window. Navigate to the default Apache installation directory, for example, C:Program FilesApache GroupApache or wherever apache.exe is located. … Uninstall Apache HTTP Server 1.3. 26 in Add/Remove Programs by clicking Remove.
How do I disable Apache on Mac?
Mac OS X Start / Stop / Restart Apache Web Server
- To stop Apache web server, enter: sudo apachectl stop. …
- To start Apache web server again, enter: …
- To restart apache web server, enter: …
- To run a configuration file syntax test. …
- To reload apache web server after editing the config file. …
- Sample session from above commands.
How do I disable httpd?
How to disable httpd on RHEL and CentOS servers
- Mask httpd service i.e. completely disable it so that no other service can activate httpd: sudo systemctl mask httpd.
- Disable the httpd service. sudo systemctl disable httpd.
- Stop running httpd service. sudo systemctl stop httpd.
How do I disable Httpd default?
1. In order to disable this page, we have to rename the file /etc/httpd/conf. d/welcome. conf to something else or you can simply delete it if you don’t need it.
How do I disable Apache on Windows?
If you don’t have Apache installed as a service, the window will remain visible until you stop Apache by pressing Control-C in the console window where Apache is running in. The server will exit in a few seconds.
How do I remove Apache from Windows 10?
Navigate to the “Program Files” folder, press “Shift,” select the “Apache Software Foundation” folder and press “Delete” to delete it.
Is Apache installed on Mac?
Both PHP and Apache are free open source software programs and both come installed on all Macs. PHP is server-side software, and Apache is the most widely used web server software. Enabling Apache and PHP on a Mac isn’t difficult to do.
How do I know if Apache is running on my Mac?
Enable Apache on Mac OS X
- Verify if apache is running by accessing http://localhost:
- If you get “This site can’t be reached”, you need to start apache, just type, sudo apachectl start and press enter:
- Verify localhost again:
- if you see “It works!” apache is running.
Where is Apache in Mac?
By default, the Apache Virtual Host configuration on Mac OS X is located in a single file: /etc/apache2/extra/httpd-vhosts. conf . You need to edit the Apache configuration to include this file and enable virtual hosts.
How disable SSL module Apache?
The Apache Web Server allows SSL to be quickly disabled from its configuration file.
- Log in to your Windows server using an administrative username and password.
- Open the Apache folder. …
- Right-click “httpd. …
- Insert the following onto a dedicated line somewhere in the file: “SSLEngine off”.
How do I completely remove Apache from Ubuntu?
Your comment on this answer:
- First stop the apache2 service if it is running with: sudo service apache2 stop.
- Now remove and clean up all the apache2 packages with: sudo apt-get purge apache2 apache2-utils apache2.2-bin apache2-common //or sudo apt-get purge apache2 apache2-utils apache2-bin apache2.2-common.
How do I stop Apache from starting in Ubuntu?
Debian/Ubuntu Linux Specific Commands to Start/Stop/Restart Apache
- Restart Apache 2 web server, enter: # /etc/init.d/apache2 restart. $ sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart. …
- To stop Apache 2 web server, enter: # /etc/init.d/apache2 stop. …
- To start Apache 2 web server, enter: # /etc/init.d/apache2 start.
Should I delete 000-default conf?
Your 000-default. conf file is a catch-all site and should be left alone. It is good for security.
How do I change my default Apache to CentOS?
This server is running CentOS, so you should find that file in the /etc/httpd/conf folder.
- I’m going to edit it with nano.
- Locate the DirectoryIndex section and remove index and any other unwanted filename (i.e. in this example index. …
- Add in the one you require and save and exit, (press CTRL+X and Y to save).
Where is the default Apache home page?
The website is at /home/tyler/Documents/hfm/website (landing. html and hfm’s index. html are here). Apache2 is in its default directory.