How do I fix Error 403 Forbidden in Apache?
Fixing the ‘403 Forbidden Error’
- Adjust file permissions & ownership of the webroot directory. Incorrect file permissions & directory ownership are known to restrict access to website files. …
- Adjust directives in Apache main configuration file.
What is Error 403 and how do I fix it?
What Is a 403 Forbidden Error (and How Can I Fix It)?
- What Is a 403 Forbidden Error? …
- Refresh the Page. …
- Double Check the Address. …
- Clear Your Browser Cookies and Cache. …
- Check if You Have Permission to Access the URL. …
- Try Again Later. …
- Contact the Website. …
- Contact Your ISP.
What does a 403 error indicate?
The HTTP 403 Forbidden client error status response code indicates that the server understands the request but refuses to authorize it. This status is similar to 401 , but in this case, re-authenticating will make no difference.
What are the reasons for 403 Forbidden?
Causes of 403 Forbidden Error
Often, 403 forbidden errors are caused by an access misconfiguration on the client-side, which means you can usually resolve the issue yourself. A common cause of these errors is the file or folder permission settings, which control who can read, write, and execute the file or folder.
How do I check Apache version?
How to Check the Apache Version
- Open terminal application on your Linux, Windows/WSL or macOS desktop.
- Login to remote server using the ssh command.
- To see Apache version on a Debian/Ubuntu Linux, run: apache2 -v.
- For CentOS/RHEL/Fedora Linux server, type command: httpd -v.
How do I stop 403 Forbidden error?
How to fix a 403 error
- Double-check the URL. It’s easy to mistype a URL so simply retyping may fix the 403 error.
- Clear your cache and cookies. …
- Give it some time. …
- Contact the company, service or organization directly. …
- Contact your internet service provider.
How do I get rid of 403 Forbidden on Chrome?
What you can do about error 403 in Google Chrome is to try to resolve it by refreshing the page, checking the address, clear the cache and cookies from your browser, checking if you have the permission to access the page, contact the web site directly or try visiting page later again.
How do I fix Error 403 on android?
Android: Error 403 in Google Play Store
- Open your device Settings.
- Tap Apps.
- Tap the 3 dots icon (at the upper right)
- Tap Show system apps to display preinstalled apps.
- Find and tap Google Play Store.
- Tap Storage.
- Tap Clear cache.
- Tap OK.
What is the difference between 401 and 403 error?
401 is Authentication error, 403 is Authorization error. Simple as that. To all downvoters referring to an RFC (most likely 2616), you are all wrong. As specified in the answer by @Idrut, “Forbidden means that the client has authenticated successfully, but is not authorized.”.
How do I fix Error 403 Forbidden on Mac?
First solution: Quit then restart Safari and your iPad Pro.
For first instances, it could be just among other random glitches that are easily remedied by restarting the app. So if this is the first time you encounter the 403 Forbidden error when browsing through Safari, quit the app and then restart it.