What is Apache and why it is used?
Apache functions as a way to communicate over networks from client to server using the TCP/IP protocol. … The Apache server is configured via config files in which modules are used to control its behavior. By default, Apache listens to the IP addresses configured in its config files that are being requested.
What happens when you restart Apache?
Before You Begin
stop : Terminates the Apache service. restart : Stops and then starts the Apache service. reload : Gracefully restarts the Apache service. On reload, the main Apache process shuts down the child processes, loads the new configuration, and starts new child processes.
Do you need to restart Apache?
No, you will not need to restart Apache. You will need to “hard refresh” your web page to see the changes. … Alternatively, you can clear your browser’s cache, close the browser, relaunch the browser, and try your web page again.
What is service apache2 restart?
Debian/Ubuntu Linux Specific Commands to Start/Stop/Restart Apache
- Restart Apache 2 web server, enter: # /etc/init.d/apache2 restart. $ sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart. …
- To stop Apache 2 web server, enter: # /etc/init.d/apache2 stop. …
- To start Apache 2 web server, enter: # /etc/init.d/apache2 start.
Does Google use Apache?
Google Web Server (GWS) is proprietary web server software that Google uses for its web infrastructure. In May, 2015, GWS was ranked as the fourth most popular web server on the internet after Apache, nginx and Microsoft IIS, powering an estimated 7.95% of active websites. …
What exactly is Apache?
Apache is the most widely used web server software. Developed and maintained by Apache Software Foundation, Apache is an open source software available for free. It runs on 67% of all webservers in the world. It is fast, reliable, and secure. … Most WordPress hosting providers use Apache as their web server software.
How do I stop Apache from running?
- Log in as the application user.
- Type apcb.
- If apache was run as the application user: Type ./apachectl stop.
How long does Apache take to restart?
exactly 90 seconds to restart apache httpd.
How do I know if Apache is running?
Apache HTTP web server
Go to http://server-ip:80 on your web browser. A page saying your Apache server is running properly should show up. This command will show whether Apache is running or has stopped.
How do I stop httpd?
You can also stop httpd using /sbin/service httpd stop . The restart option is a shorthand way of stopping and then starting the Apache HTTP Server.
How do I restart Apache on Windows 10?
- Click the start button and type CMD (if on Windows Vista or later and Apache is installed as a service make sure this is an elevated command prompt)
- In the command window that appears type cd C:xamppapachebin (the default installation path for Xampp)
- Then type httpd -k restart.
How do I turn off Apache on Windows?
If you don’t have Apache installed as a service, the window will remain visible until you stop Apache by pressing Control-C in the console window where Apache is running in. The server will exit in a few seconds.
What is apache2ctl graceful?
Gracefully restarts the Apache httpd daemon. … This command automatically checks the configuration files as in configtest before initiating the restart to make sure Apache doesn’t die. This is equivalent to apache2ctl -k graceful . graceful-stop. Gracefully stops the Apache httpd daemon.
What is the difference between reload and restart?
Reload will tell the service to reload its configuration files, but keep the same process running. Restart tells it to shut down entirely, then restart. Generally speaking, restart will terminate the service in question and restart it; reload will only reload the configuration file.
How do I completely remove apache2 from Ubuntu?
Your comment on this answer:
- First stop the apache2 service if it is running with: sudo service apache2 stop.
- Now remove and clean up all the apache2 packages with: sudo apt-get purge apache2 apache2-utils apache2.2-bin apache2-common //or sudo apt-get purge apache2 apache2-utils apache2-bin apache2.2-common.