Shared hosting is an arrangement in which multiple websites are hosted on one server. Resources such as disk space, CPU, and memory are shared, and costs are split between all the users on that server. This sharing of real estate and resources is why shared hosting is so affordable.
Shared hosting, also referred to as virtual hosting, is a way to host your website on a single physical server that also hosts additional sites. Within the server, there are software applications that make managing and accessing your website easy.
Advantages of shared web hosting
Shared hosting provides the most cost-effective hosting solution. With many people contributing towards the costs of the server, the hosting company’s costs are distributed between them.
Shared hosting is the least expensive option and is known as being the easiest to get started with. It is generally the perfect hosting package for smaller websites. … It is not the right hosting package for every website, but it is worth it for those who need complete control.
The answer is yes, shared hosting carries a certain amount of security risks that could potentially lead to a hacked site. If this happens, hackers can use your website to spam your customers, display unwanted content, and redirect your visitors to unknown sites.
What Is Shared Hosting and Why It’s a Bad Choice? … A shared hosting solution is ‘low cost’ but very unreliable because of low availability (uptime). Moreover, if one website gets a lot of traffic, other websites on the server suffer due to the excessive and highly unfair allocation of server resources.
At GoDaddy, there are shared hosting plans available too. It’ll cost you between $8.99 and $24.99 at renewal. With this type of hosting service, you’ll share a server with other clients. It’s suitable for small and medium projects that don’t need top-performing servers.
Which is the cheapest web hosting services?
Best Cheap Web Hosting Providers
- Hostinger – Cheapest shared web hosting.
- iPage – Simple pricing, unlimited disk space.
- InMotion – Best value for money.
- DreamHost – Ideal for media-heavy sites.
- HostGator – Best for uptime.
- Bluehost – Best quality features.
- GreenGeeks – Best for green hosting.
Compare the Top 9 Best Shared Hosting Companies
- Hostinger — Best web hosting for tight budgets.
- DreamHost — Best shared hosting that leaves room to grow.
- Bluehost — Best for creating your first website.
- A2 Hosting — Best shared host for sites with a need for speed.
- InMotion — Best for 24/7/365 support.
Which server hosting is best?
The Top 10 Best Web Hosting Providers
- Hostinger – Most Affordable Hosting Plans Overall.
- Bluehost – Best Web Host for Beginners.
- Dreamhost – Most Affordable Month-to-Month Plan.
- Hostgator – Best for Lean/Minimal Needs.
- GreenGeeks – Best Eco-Friendly Hosting.
- SiteGround – Best for Making Your WordPress Site Speedy & Secure.
A VPS hosting plan is almost always going to be faster than a shared hosting plan simply because your users don’t have to queue up with other sites’ visitors to access yours. … If your site is relatively small, a shared hosting plan will likely do perfectly fine.