How do I find my database host name?
- Click Web Hosting.
- Next to the hosting account you want to use, click Manage.
- In the Databases area, click MySQL or MSSQL depending on the database type for which you want the host name.
- From your list of databases, click Actions next to the database you want to use, and then click Details.
What is database server host name?
The database host name is the name of the host that has the database. That’s all, there’s no magic or confusion. “localhost” is just a special name designating the current server.
How do I find my MySQL host?
To display MySQL host via SQL command, use system variable “hostname”. Or you can use “show variables” command to show MySQL host via SQL command.
How do I find my database host name cPanel?
In order to find your Hostname in cPanel, follow the steps provided below.
- Login to your cPanel installation.
- On the left side, you will see “Stats”. Find that, and click “expand stats”.
- Scroll down the statistics, and you will find “Server Name”.
- The Hostname would be [ServerName]. yourdomain.com.
How do I find MySQL server database host name?
Under SQL Server Services in the left pane, you will click and see Name, State, Start Mode, and Log On As for columns. You should see SQL Server(NAME). Hopefully it is running, right click and go to properties. Click on the Service tab, you will see the Host Name, Name, Process ID, and other information here.
How do I find my Oracle database host name?
You can use sys_context(‘USERENV’, ‘SERVICE_NAME’) to get the database service name instead of the machine name.
How do I find my MySQL database name?
3 Answers. If you’re connecting to a db on the same server, it should be ” localhost “. If you are connecting to a remote server, then it should be the FQDN of the remote server (or the IP address) – for example, ” dbhost.lan.company.com “.
How do I find my database host in phpMyAdmin?
For connecting remotely using the IP address/domain of your MySQL database, open the Variables menu from your phpMyAdmin homepage and search for “hostname” to get the actual domain or IP address of the database server: The phpMyAdmin homepage can be accessed by clicking on the logo in the top-left corner.
What is database name?
The database name is the name of the database and the username is the name of the user that is connected to the database. e.g. John Smith could connect to a database called Database1. Database1 would be the database name and John Smith would be the username.