What is quota in cPanel?
It refers to a limit on how much data can be contained in an account’s directory. You can set, modify quota on the accounts with the cPanel interface. The quota is usually defined in Megabytes (MB). Enable quota in cPanel. We can enable quota in the cPanel/WHM interface.
What is quota usage?
The first, known as a usage quota or block quota, limits the amount of disk space that can be used. The second, known as a file quota or inode quota, limits the number of files and directories that can be created.
How do I fix the quota in cPanel?
If you experience further problems, perform one of the following actions:
- Disable the Cache disk quota information setting in the System section of WHM’s Tweak Settings interface (WHM >> Home >> Server Configuration >> Tweak Settings).
- Set the disablequotacache parameter to 0 in the /var/cpanel/cpanel. config file.
What is a user quota?
You can use user quotas to limit the amount of disk space or the number of files that a user can use. Quotas provide a way to restrict or track the disk space, and number of files used by a user, group, or qtree. Quotas are applied to a specific volume or qtree.
How do I clear disk usage in cPanel?
Here are a few simple tricks to freeing up disk space on your cPanel server to help maximize your server’s potential.
- Delete user cPanel backups.
- Move your backups offsite.
- Delete cPanel File Manager temp files.
- Move or archive logs.
- Remove cPanel update archives.
- Clean up Yum files.
- Remove pure-ftp partials.
How do I enable disk quota in WHM?
How to Use Initial Quota Setup to Enable Disk Quotas in WHM
- Login to WHM.
- Navigate to “Initial Quota Setup” under “Server Configuration”.
- You will get a warning like “Warning: enabling quotas on a machine that does not have kernel support for quotas may result in an unbootable system.
What does quota limit mean?
A quota is a government-imposed trade restriction that limits the number or monetary value of goods that a country can import or export during a particular period. … In theory, quotas boost domestic production by restricting foreign competition.
What’s an example of a quota?
A quota is a type of trade restriction where a government imposes a limit on the number or the value of a product that another country can import. For example, a government may place a quota limiting a neighboring nation to importing no more than 10 tons of grain. … Each ton of grain after the 10th incurs a 10% tax.
Which of the following mount options indicate that quotas are in use on a mounted file system?
The following file system mounting options can be specified in /etc/fstab: grpquota, noquota, quota and usrquota. (These options are also accepted by the mount command but ignored.)