Which command will ensure the httpd service Apache starts at system boot?
d/httpd script, which can be accessed using the /sbin/service command. Starting httpd using the apachectl control script sets the environmental variables in /etc/sysconfig/httpd and starts httpd. You can also set the environment variables using the init script. You can also start httpd using /sbin/service httpd start.
How do I make sure Apache is running?
Apache HTTP web server
Go to http://server-ip:80 on your web browser. A page saying your Apache server is running properly should show up. This command will show whether Apache is running or has stopped.
How do I start Apache from command line?
- Click the start button and type CMD (if on Windows Vista or later and Apache is installed as a service make sure this is an elevated command prompt)
- In the command window that appears type cd C:xamppapachebin (the default installation path for Xampp)
- Then type httpd -k restart.
How will you start Apache Web server on every reboot?
Debian/Ubuntu Linux Specific Commands to Start/Stop/Restart Apache
- Restart Apache 2 web server, enter: # /etc/init.d/apache2 restart. $ sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart. …
- To stop Apache 2 web server, enter: # /etc/init.d/apache2 stop. …
- To start Apache 2 web server, enter: # /etc/init.d/apache2 start.
What is httpd command?
httpd is the Apache HyperText Transfer Protocol (HTTP) server program. It is designed to be run as a standalone daemon process. When used like this it will create a pool of child processes or threads to handle requests.
How do I fix failed to start Apache server?
1 Answer. The reason Apache fails to start is because something is already listening on the port/ip combination. The log entries of “Address already in use” indicate this. You need to identify what other service is running on those ports and then go and shut it off before turning on Apache.
How do I know if Apache is running on Windows?
- Bring up the task manager by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc .
- Go to the Processes tab and sort by Image Name. In Server 2012, go to the Details tab and sort by Name.
- Look for apache.exe (or httpd.exe) and check the User Name column.
How do I know if I have nginx or Apache?
How to Check If You’re Running Nginx or Apache. On most websites, you can simply check the server HTTP header to see if it says Nginx or Apache. You can see HTTP headers by launching the network tab in Chrome Devtools. Or you can check headers in a tool like Pingdom or GTmetrix.
How do I manually run Apache?
Install Apache Service
- In your Command Prompt window, enter (or paste) the following command: httpd.exe -k install -n “Apache HTTP Server”
- From your Command Prompt window enter the following command and press ‘Enter.
- Restart your server and open a web browser once you are logged back in.
How do I set up Apache?
You can install Apache anywhere, such as a portable USB drive (useful for client demonstrations).
- Step 1: Configure IIS. …
- Step 2: Download the files. …
- Step 3: Extract the Files. …
- Step 4: Configure Apache. …
- Step 4: Change the Web Page Root (optional) …
- Step 5: Test your Installation. …
- Step 6: install Apache as a Windows service.
How do I start Apache 24 in Windows?
Open a command prompt: Run as Administrator. Navigate to directory c:/Apache24/bin. Add Apache as a Windows Service: httpd.exe -k install -n “Apache HTTP Server”
How do I start Apache on boot?
The init script is typically /etc/init. d/apache2 where you could manually run /etc/init. d/apache2 start to start it.
How do I restart httpd?
You can use the service or systemctl command to restart httpd server. Another option is use /etc/init. d/httpd service script.
How do I stop httpd?
You can also stop httpd using /sbin/service httpd stop . The restart option is a shorthand way of stopping and then starting the Apache HTTP Server.