Where is htaccess file stored?
htaccess file is located in the root directory of your WordPress site. Depending on your hosting provider, the root directory may be a folder labelled public_html, www, htdocs, or httpdocs. You can locate it by using File Manager in your hosting account’s cpanel.
How do I view htaccess file in WinSCP?
To find the . htaccess file using WinSCP, you need to connect to the server first, navigate to the “Options” tab and click on the “Preferences” option. Continue by clicking on the Panels category on the left, check the “Show hidden files” option and press “OK”.
How do I access htaccess?
- Log into cPanel.
- In the Files section, click on the File Manager to open.
- The File Manager displays different folders or website directories and website files – some of which are hidden. …
- To see the . …
- Make sure the Show Hidden Files (dotfiles) is checked. …
- Click Save.
- Locate the .
How do I find my htaccess file in cPanel?
Log in to your HostPapa cPanel and click File Manager. Click Settings in the upper right corner. Make sure Show Hidden Files (dotfiles) is selected and click Save. You should now be able to see any existing .
Where are Apache config files?
All the configuration files for Apache are located in /etc/httpd/conf and /etc/httpd/conf. d . The data for websites you’ll run with Apache is located in /var/www by default, but you can change that if you want.
How do I access Apache server files?
- 1Log in to your website with the root user via a terminal and navigate to the configuration files in the folder located at /etc/httpd/ by typing cd /etc/httpd/.
- 2Press the Insert key to begin editing the file.
- 3Save the changes by pressing the Esc key, typing :wq, and then pressing Enter.
Select View > Show > Hidden items.
- Open File Explorer from the taskbar.
- Select View > Options > Change folder and search options.
- Select the View tab and, in Advanced settings, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives and OK.
- From the menu bar at the top the screen select Options then Preferences.
- Select Panels from the left column.
- Tick to Show hidden files.
- In the panel on the right showing the remote site, you should now see all files including hidden ones.