What is the default user for apache?
The Apache Server tab of the HTTP configuration tool lets you set several configuration options, the most important of which is the user account that Apache will run under. By default, this account is named apache, and it belongs to a group named apache.
How do I change user in apache?
Here are the steps to change Apache user and group.
- Open Apache Configuration File. …
- Update User & Group. …
- Change file ownership. …
- Restart Apache Server. …
- Test the changes.
What is my apache username Linux?
Linux: Find Out Apache User Name
- apache2 (1st column) – Apache service / server name.
- 4122 (2nd column) – Apache server PID.
- www-data (3rd column) – Apache server username for PID. This gives you apache username.
How do I run Apache as a different user?
How to run apache as an alternate user
- export APACHE_RUN_USER=www-data. export APACHE_RUN_GROUP=www-data.
- export APACHE_RUN_USER=nim. export APACHE_RUN_GROUP=nim.
- sudo chown -R nim /var/www/html/* sudo chgrp -R nim /var/www/html/*
- sudo chown -R nim /n/media. sudo chgrp -R nim /n/media.
How do I run apache as root user?
- Create a shell script that does what you want. …
- In a terminal window, execute the command sudo vi /etc/sudoers and insert the following line at the end of the file (important to be at end so the other commands do not override): ALL ALL=NOPASSWD: /localstore/root.sh.
Can apache run as root?
5 Answers. Apache has to run as root initially in order to bind to port 80. If you don’t run it as root initially then you cannot bind to port 80. If you want to bind to some port above 1024 then yes, you can.
How do I run apache as non root user?
Method 1: Sudo privileges
- Provide the non-root account sudo privileges to start the service. For example test user wants to start Apache service.
- Add the following configuration to /etc/sudoers file. In case your user is different, replace the test user with the user account name of your choice.
How do I see all users in Linux?
In order to list users on Linux, you have to execute the “cat” command on the “/etc/passwd” file. When executing this command, you will be presented with the list of users currently available on your system. Alternatively, you can use the “less” or the “more” command in order to navigate within the username list.
How do I know if Apache is running on my Mac?
Enable Apache on Mac OS X
- Verify if apache is running by accessing http://localhost:
- If you get “This site can’t be reached”, you need to start apache, just type, sudo apachectl start and press enter:
- Verify localhost again:
- if you see “It works!” apache is running.
How do I list users in Ubuntu?
Listing users in Ubuntu can be found in the /etc/passwd file. The /etc/passwd file is where all your local user information is stored. You can view the list of users in the /etc/passwd file through two commands: less and cat.